Thursday 3 April 2014

West Indies Players of Indian Origin

This has always fascinated me. Imagine 2 spinners named Narine and Badree tormenting the opposition. The team they represent is not India but West Indies. Players of Indian and Asian origin in general are playing for countries all over the world. Just see the composition of the Hong Kong, Holland teams in the T20 WC.




Let's talk about the Indian origin players who have played for the Windies. I maybe wrong here but the first ones might have been Rohan Kanhai and Allwyn Kallicharan. Now I hear that a bollywwod movie is being made called Allwyn Kallicharan....amazing. We also had Faoud Bachchus, Imtiaz Padmore and Raphick Jumadeen. I am not sure if they were of Indian origin. Shivnarine Chandrapaul should rank as one of the greats. Ramnaresh Sarwan, Darren Ganga also come to mind. I must have missed many. It has been a log tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment