Sunday 27 April 2014

Robin Sharma

I had written about my interest in personal development literature a few days back. I had also mentioned many writers/motivation gurus whose books I have read.

Today I saw videos of Robin Sharma on Youtube. I must say I found him to be really good. One of the best. Not sure how I had missed him till now.

His origins are quite interesting. His parents were Kashmiris who migrated to Uganda. When he was 1 year old they again migrated to Toronto, Canada. He was a very successful lawyer but as he says, not a very happy one. He had the guts to leave that and move into his real passion, motivating others.

His second book, 'The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari' became a best-seller and slowly he has now become one of the most sought after gurus on personal development.

Interesting.....I was browsing through a website to buy some books online......they were selling the Hindi translation of this book which was called एक भिक्षु जिसने अपना वाहन बेच दिया !! This is what is called being 'lost in translation'.......

Worth watching this video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FWCoqmJlkA

Some quotes from him -




No comments:

Post a Comment