Thursday 3 April 2014

Queen - The Movie

We saw this movie 'Queen' yesterday. It is one of the best films I have seen of late. Very different story and a superb performance by Kangana Ranaut. The way she has potrayed a middle class Delhi girl is a revelation. The movie is quite meaningful yet very very funny. Thoroughly enjoyable. The new young film makers are doing some great work.


Ammar is still away for his school trip. We missed him a lot today. Hope he is having a great time.


Sri Lanka is through to the Finals beating West Indies via the DL method. India would have preferred West Indies in the Finals. SL is a team which is similar to India and will feel at home in the conditions in Bangladesh. India is still the favourites but law of avarages may catchup with them.

Mohammad Hafeez has resigned as the Captain of the T20 and vice-captain of the ODI team. It seems they may go back to Afridi now. The thinking might be that he has another 2-3 years of Cricket left in him. Making him the captain will compel him to take more responsibility. Afridi is a mercurial character. You never know what you get with him. But surely he is a match-winner. Najam Sethi has promised to transform Pakistan Crcicket Board. Let's see what he does.


Life is so curious with its twists and turns. There is a good day and without warning the next day you maybe faced with many challenges, some of them self-inflicted. But what to do other than to shrug it off and move on. Hopefully learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them.
I am a new blogger who is still learning the ropes. When I started off I thought I will write only on Cricket, which is my passion, but then I thought I should write about whatever I am feeling strong about. Cricket everyday may become too monotonous. Writing is so cathartic. It makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment