Sunday 20 April 2014

Hazaaron Khwahishen Aisi..........

Ghalib has said.......

हज़ारों ख़ाहिशें ऐसी कि हर खाहिश पे दम निकले
बहुत निकले मेरे अरमान लेकिन फिर भी कम निकले


This is so true. The nature of man is such that he always thinks about what he doesn't have yet. A better approach would be to count our blessings. But it is not always easy to do that.
I heard somewhere that happiness is synonymous with being grateful. Always have a sense of gratitude for all the things you have, and you can find happiness.


This area of self-development, motivational literature interests me a lot. Since I was a teenager I started reading Dale Carnegie. Since then I have read Napoleon Hill, Jack Canfield, Arnold Bennett, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy and many others whose names I cannot recall now.

Perhaps the best writing I have come across in this area is Arnold Bennett's essay 'How to live on 24 Hours a Day'. It was written more than 100 years back but rings so true even today.

Did this help me? Yes certainly. I got some great insights and ideas. But one thing is clear these books/writings can only show you the way, but to make life changing decisions & habits, it is still upto the individual.





















No comments:

Post a Comment