Monday 20 November 2017

Big B - You disappoint me


Since I was 12 or 13 years old, I have had 2 heroes, Imran Khan (the cricketer) and Amitabh Bachchan.
I idolised these 2 not just because both of them reached the pinnacle in their profession through the dint of hard work, but because they also had other outstanding qualities as human beings.


They continued to be my heroes for the last 30 years.

But of late I am realizing that Amitabh Bachchan is too much of a 'no risk' guy. He never takes a stand on anything, especially if it can go against the establishment or if there is a danger of becoming unpopular.

I know that he has always been that sort of person and he himself admits it, but then given his position he plays too safe.

In the current controversy surrounding the movie 'Padmavati', he hasn't uttered a word and I am sure he will not. Even if it directly concerns his own field and his own co-starts.

I am now convinced that one of the essential qualities of a 'man of substance' is the ability to stand up for the things he or she believes in. Big B has hardly ever displayed this trait especially where there is a risk of becoming unpopular.


No comments:

Post a Comment