Sunday 27 December 2015

Meri Humnafas.....Meri Dost


28th Dec 2015 marks our 14th Marriage Anniversary. Farah & me were married in Patna on this day in 2001.

14 Years is considered a milestone in the Indian cultural tradition. We have heard of 'Chaudah saal ka vanvaas'.....well in my case this has not been anything like a 'vanvaas'. I would prefer to call it 'Chaudah saal ka harsh-o-ullas' !!




I consider myself one lucky man to have an absolutely wonderful human being as my soulmate. She is not just externally beautiful but is an exceptionally wonderful human being from the inside as well. She is able to connect with all kinds of people , young and old, rich and poor. She is an extremely compassionate and loving person.


Just after I got married, one of Farah's closest friends, Shahwar, told me that 'Azfar Bhai, Farah is a gem of a person'. She was spot on.

She sacrificed her career firstly for me, as my job took me to different parts of the world and then for Ammar, as he was growing up. Had she persued her career in Dentistry, I am sure she would have done wonders.


Over the years, her love & support has been a huge contributor to whatever I have been able to do.

At times I have been guilty of taking this exceptionally gifted and wonderful woman for granted. I have sometimes been self-centered and callous too, but she has stood by me through thick and thin. I do realize how blessed I am to have her in my life. 



                            

Dear Farah, on our 14th Anniversary, I just want to let you know that it is difficult to put into words what you mean to me.
It is my desire that the next 14 years should belong to you, when you can realize your full potential....when you can shine the brightest.....Insha Allah....





You mean the world to me ......you are my most prized possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment